Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Happy Birthday, Katie


Today's a huge day for my sweet Kate. She turns 40. In 40 years Katie has accomplished more than most people accomplish in a lifetime. She graduated from college (first woman in her family, I believe?), has six kids, and has made friends in many places, including the three continents where she has lived and one more where she we to get a baby. I feel lucky to be with her and have been with her. Except today.

Today I don't get to be with her. I wish she had her backpack and hiking shoes on and was sleeping on the ground with me in Sweden. What a horrible birthday to miss.

I miss you Katie and hope you have a wonderful day. It will be wonderful if, even for a moment, you realize how amazing, and how loved, you are.

2 comments:

Gayle said...

Here, here!

Gayle said...

Here, Here!