Friday, February 22, 2008

Martin Marty

Never heard of him. Apparently the Institute for the Advanced Study of Religion at my alma mater is named after him. The Institute has a pretty cool little service they call Sightings that I'd never heard of but think I'll be paying closer attention to now that I just read two articles published therein.

My friend (at least I consider her my friend) Kathleen Flake's essay on President Hinckley's funeral.

An article rebutting the hate speech leveled at Mormon's during Romney's campaign.

Both well-written, respectful and uplifting. If all of their articles are of this caliber I think I may have found a new "regularly read".

2 comments:

John said...

I really enjoyed Kathleen's insights concerning family and the family-centered nature of Presiden't HInkley's funeral. Thanks for sharing this John. I love you.

amanda jane said...

hey - you can NOT be so buried that you don't have time to keep in touch! five minutes man - that all you need to sacrifice.