Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Recommended stuff from 2009

Not a top ten list. Just a few of the best stuff I enjoyed during the last year. I'm sure I've missed a few important ones, but this is a pretty good year.

Restaurants:
JoJo
Cut
BLT
Tao
Prime
Bouchon

Books: (I never would have expected a list without fiction)
Outliers
The Much Too Promised Land
Predictably Irrational
Crisis of Abundance
Cooking

Boardgames:
Agricola
Railroad Tycoon
Le Havre
Tichu

Gadgets:
My new smoker
Snowboard
Videocamera
iPhone
PS3
Kindle
Panini Press
RedLaser
Bose headphones

Events/Activities:
Snowboarding with my kids
FastPass at SeaWorld
VIP at Disney World
Third row of Suns @ Magic
Lagoon in the rain
Ragnar

Blogs:
Six in 2006
Mankiw
Cato
My Husband Cooks
Cafe Hayek

2 comments:

Katie said...

I would add Shrek to the list, and perhaps walking through Greenwich Village with a sweetheart? a good game of fjords at the laundrymat might be counted as my favorite game of 2009. And Standing on top of 30 Rock was a favorite of mine as well...I have to admit that Babe's chicken is a favorite restaurant for me in 2009, and The Hiding Place, the Boy who harnessed the Wind are favorite books of the year. Good passes at Sea World and a nice weekend at your cousin's cabin were really great experiences. Ragnar was awesome, but the half marathon weekend was my favorite race of the year (my favorite sweater is the pink one you told me looked great as we walked through JCrew that day...) Its been a great year to spend with you-even with the travel and the moving. Love you lots JOhn Graham. Glad you've found so much good in 2009

John said...

How did I miss Babe's. I'm drooling just think of it.