Friday, August 25, 2006

A Calling Unforeseen



One of the unforeseen blessings of being in Vietnam has been seeing how much Katie has enjoyed spending time each day writing in her blog. I have had the good fortune to not only read her blogs each day, but to watch her formulate her thoughts and see her smile as it comes together. I've been so impressed by the things she has written. I thought it would be a nice idea for her to journal a bit around some of the pictures. I did not expect that she would pull layers out of our experiences so far beyond what I was noticing. I particularly love the blogs that have multiple layers. I've given her my honorary Pulitzer for her piece on Amanda the Laundry Goddess.

Now I just have to figure out how to fit enough hours in the day once we get back to make sure that she can continue her hobby in addition to triathlon training. What a welcome relief that there is a space in my head for thoughts of being back home finally. It has felt like we would be here forever. Now it seems like we are leaving too quickly and too suddenly. There are still so many wonders of Vietnam to be shot and blogged. I guess we'll have to come back with Lucy when she's a little older. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Katie is a gifted writer, and so insightful. I already told her I wanted to be her assistant and travel around to book signings with her. I would actually pay (I don't know how much, okay I'm not going to commit to an amount right now) but if my credit card got minimally dinged everytime I maximized and refreshed my katie blog page (I can't close it down and call it back up because that takes too long, and I check it about 3 times a day for new pics and info)I would be willing, even happy to pay. Which makes me think there are others who might like to pay, and there you have a book! Keep writing Katie. I added this onto your blog John (see, I can't stop reading about you guys, I have read every word of Katie's from start to finish, then Mason's, now yours.) Anyway, I added this because I just had to add my two cents on the "Amanda the Laundry Goddess" piece. It was brilliant, and so well done. That is one chapter of an inspirational book by Katie! You guys are awesome. We hope to see you this year sometime!!

Anonymous said...

Oops, I forgot to say that was me, Diane Day, not anonymous.