Saturday, July 26, 2008

Happy birthday, Katie!


Somehow it is frequently the case that I have to be away from Katie on her birthday. However, this birthday seems particularly lonely. I think it is because usually when I've had to be away on her birthday, it is me that's away, not her. This time I'm the one at home.

This is definitely one of the lamest birthdays ever for her. We had a great time on her birthday last year, driving scooters and looking at iMacs. Her 30th birthday with friends on the patio in Stockholm was really good too. This time we're apart and my gift to her is about 2mm above a vacuum cleaner.

I hope that the smile you see in this picture is something I'm able to give her this year. I'm not able to be there, but it is because I'm here making sure I can pay for the things that make her smile where she is.

Katie, I hope you and the kids are having a wonderful time with family and that this reprieve from the stresses of life here and the Texas heat is enjoyable and peaceful.

I will think of you all day tomorrow.

Jag ma du leva ett hundrade ar. Jag alskar dig.

2 comments:

Katie said...

thank you for the sentiment. I hope you don't resent that you do pay for the things we do. Sorry it is set up that way; it's not a pattern that I made, just one we need to follow ;)
I love you and miss you dearly. Wish we could hold hands in church for my birthday; that would be a great gift this year...

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday to KT!! I feel like it is more a gift to me then to her to have her here John, thank you for working hard so your family could all be with us, we miss you!!