Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Holy Tornados, Batman!

We had a pretty good storm blow through tonight as I was leaving work. When I got home stuff was blown all over my driveway. The basketball standard was blown down (again), our little garden trailer was blown over and junk was strewn everywhere, but I didn't think much of it and couldn't assess much damage because it was dark by the time I got home from work.

I took Cooper out in the backyard to play catch for a while (in the dark), not really noticing anything amiss. I had to run inside to get the phone and it was my neighbor. "Hey", she says, "Do you want to come get your trampoline out of our pond?" Huh? "Yeah, did you notice your trampoline is missing? It's in our pond."

Ladies and gentlemen, they have a six foot fence around their yard. Our trampoline is the biggest you can find. It went aerial, over the fence and landed, vertically, in their pond, so now they have a 16' disc sticking up against to their house, right in the middle of their new pond. Holy smokes, I hope it hasn't damaged their house. We'll try to remove it tomorrow evening, after we get some pictures. No clue how we're going to lift it back over the 6' fence.

Let that be a lesson to you - her kids have been praying for a trampoline!

4 comments:

Dean said...

Wow! I dare you to tow it out of there with your Nissan.

Katie said...

crazy! guess we better dig a hole in the back yard and plant the tramp. Maybe we could bolt it down in all that Texas clay!

Jessica said...

Holy Freehollies!!! Are you kiding me - this is unbelievable, can't wait to see some picutes.

Betsy said...

What a weird thing. Our trampoline just did the same thing a couple weeks ago. However, our's didn't survive the flight over the fence and we had to put it to the curb. Our neighbor's trampoline went up and over their 2 story house. THeir's ended up on the curb as well. Crazy texas weather!