Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Food storage and brimstone

If you think you or someone you know might need to have more than an afternoon's supply of Dorito's in the pantry in preparation for potential and pending doom, and if you or someone you know just haven't gotten around to it despite decades of admonishments and exhortations, you or someone you know might want to read The Road.

If I was brighter and more literary, I might have gotten a lot more out of this book than I did. The writing is fantastic and unique, but mostly I just got the bajeebers scared out of me. I bought a "survival handbook" sort of book a few years ago that I've never really picked up. Katie noticed that I seemed suddenly interested in it after finishing The Road. Fortunately I don't go load up on guns and ammo after every Patricia Cornwell book...

The Road also made me want to hug my boys and take them camping (with LOTS of food). So The Road inspired me to do things I should already do - maybe it should be bundled with Nudge, a sort of practicum to go with your theory.

No comments: