Saturday, December 20, 2008

My favorite things about Christmas

We get quite a few Christmas cards since we have shown ourselves so adept at moving as soon as we get on people's Christmas lists. All of them are great, so don't take offense, but two of them are now my favorite holiday traditions - Eric and Dennis take the cake. They should blog. Daily. I just read Eric's - Emmy nomination worthy. As soon as Dennis' arrives I'll go ahead and put the tree out on the curb because the season's over.

One side note - Eric and Dennis are both lawyers. Who knew that the best thing about law school is that they teach you to write incredibly funny Christmas letters? I'm glad they teach you something you can take with you and make you a useful part of society. Word of warning to the rest of you lawyers - the bar is set and it is high.

Last side note - I can be particularly saucy toward my lawyerly brethren these days since my consulting days are numbered. Consultants generally don't engage in lawyer jokes since most of them can easily be made less funny and hit too close to home by simply replacing the word "lawyer" with "consultant". Or someone can simply call you Bob.

No comments: