Friday, December 12, 2008

Mormon videos to catch

I have to admit that I have not been a consumer of much Mormon media, particularly movies. I haven't seen any of the mission, home teacher, single adult or whatever comedies. I did see Sons of Provo, hoping it would be a Mormon Christopher Guest flick (it wasn't - but not horrible either). However, there's one show I'd like to see - New York Doll. Apparently it was good enough that it is creating a new genre - documentaries of people you would never expect to see at the ward dinner. The newest one of these sounds like it was fairly well done and I may have to see it - Mario's Conviction - about a member of the mob that converts and leaves the mob without losing his life.

I don't mind watching these sorts of documentaries (even better if they are mockumentaries), but harbor a deep and irrational fear that they'll find themselves all the way down the list of candidates and decide to do "John's Mullet". I've been pretty energetically hiding all evidence of this blockbuster story.

3 comments:

Tyler said...

I've seen NY Doll. Its worth seeing.
PS
I am holding evidence of the mullet for potential black mail

amanda jane said...

Ty beat me to the punch. but we are all harboring evidence. and yeah - watch NY Doll, very good flick.

Jessica said...

YOU HAVEN'T SEEN NY DOLLS!!!! I had thought to post about this one - on my notorious "Movie Mondays", but thought that everyone was bound to have seen it. I loved this film, but I really love documentaries (and mockumentries). You two '80 teens will love it.