Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Friends can do anything

You've heard that some people can move mountains, heaven and earth, etc.? My friend Judd can move entire cities.

Normal people, like me, think that there are some dilemma's that just can't be solved for. In this case, Judd's been trying to get me to move into his neighborhood so the black helicopters can save gas by watching us together. However, he lives south of the border. The county border that is - he lives in Happy Valley. We folk north of the border are a bit uncomfortable with those south of the border, especially ex-Utes. More importantly, Katie would like to live close to her family in Sugarhouse. So I told him there's not much chance of us moving to Lehi unless he can convince my sweet that it lies between Draper (my job) and Sugarhouse.

Lo and behold, it does. Check out the map of SL neighborhoods on the right. In case Wikipedia reverts the edits someone made, I'll also save a png. Well, Katie, Traverse Mountain it is! And if it turns out that Sugarhouse is still too far away, I'm sure Judd can just move it closer.

Judd, can you also lower ceilings? (more on that another time)

7 comments:

Jenny and Josh said...

Wow! Lehi not only moved North but it also moved East! This Judd fellow must have some great connections! :)

Jessica said...

Great, now could he move SLC to California, or the Bahamas - where there isn't a blizzard outside?

Writerjudd said...

I'll take a look at each of these things if you commit to casually calling Katie and mentioning, as an aside, how convenient it is that Fashion Place Mall is within walking distance from Lehi.

Unknown said...

I don't give a fig about Fashion Place Mall, I just want my parents to come visit without my having to hear about how darn far away we are from them...plus they are pretty good babysitters and I plan on using their services plenty ;)

Writerjudd said...

I see...we're looking at the world through different lenses. Without getting too specific, let's just say that one of the reasons we chose to live where we do was to put just enough distance between ourselves and certain others, who may or may not be relatives, and no, I will not be elaborating.
On another topic, did you know that Lehi sits at the junction of I-15 and I-215? Talk about convenience!

Gregory Kohs said...

Well, Wikipedia has "self-corrected". Darn it. I had June 5th in my betting pool.

For a hopefully permanent look at what it looked like, try the following:

Article snapshot

Map snapshot

Gayle said...

Thank you Gregory K.!! I searched and searched the wickpedia entry over and over again trying to figure out what everyone was talking about! My sanity is restored. Too bad Lehi has been restored to it's proper place as well.

The Grahams will find their home sweet home all in due time. and all will live happily ever after.