Monday, August 20, 2007

All are here and well

Just a quick post to let you know that Katie, JB and the gang arrived last night, a bit late, but in good spirits. As I watched them get off with all their luggage I couldn't help wondering if it might have been cheaper to charter a flight.

We had a pretty nasty dinner - burnt chicken and South African version of hotdogs on the grill, but filled in the gaps with ice cream.

The kids went to bed without much complaint at 8. By 1, Lucy and Porter had decided it was morning. Porter had some cornflakes. Lucy had a bottle and an hour or so of playtime. Then both of them had some help from Dr. Dimetap and finally went back to bed.

We had visits from everyone but Mason and by the time I got up to leave for work Molly, Bryn and Madison were all in bed with me and Katie. Let me be clear that it is not a king bed.

When I called at noon everyone had just gotten up. I expect to get a full night's sleep before we move to Dallas, but probably not much before.

Thanks to all that have helped so much in the last few weeks. We could not have done it without the many helping hands. Special thanks to Jessica for taking time off to come and help and most especial thanks to Katie that after insisting on us taking this adventure has had the courage and lack of sleep to see it through. Here we are.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I am so glad everyone is together again. We sure hope you have a great adventure! We really wish we could come over and see you. Tyler did not make it to Sweden and he kicks himself for not going he said he dose not want to do that again. But the plane tickets are outrageous!! I think he looks everyday at airline prices. Tell everyone Hi and we love you all!