Saturday, August 04, 2007

Tag, I'm it

Katie tagged me. I only regularly read one blog - hers - so I'm not even sure what tagging is, but I have a suspicion I'm supposed to answer the same questions she did. Here goes.

Job's I've had (starting at the beginning):
* Conniving other Scouts out of their trail snacks for homemade flies (for fishing).
* Dishdog and then cook and erstwhile waiter at the Sizzler
* Full-time missionary in Costa Rica
* Six weeks as a loader at UPS
* Five years of research, development and engineering at TheraTech
* Owner of a horribly unsuccessful corn stand
* Owner of a moderately unsuccessful menswear franchise (Chicago)
* Internship and five years with The Boston Consulting Group (Dallas & Stockholm)
* Two years in web and email marketing with HP (Boise)
* Two years in strategy and marketing with Mrs. Fields (back to Salt Lake)
* One more week with BCG (Joburg right now, but Dallas eventually)

Movies I'd watch over and over again
* Dumb and Dumber
* Austin Powers
* Lord of the Rings
* Pretty much anything from Christopher Guest
* Most anything from Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Jim Carrey (before he got too self-important)

Guilty pleasures
* See movies above. I'm not proud of my taste in movies
* Board games. Full on nerd in me exposed
* TV by DVD, especially Arrested Development
* Sleeping in, which I did for the first time in like 15 years this morning

Places I have lived
Here's the sequence:
Bountiful, UT
Costa Rica (Puntarenas, La Rita, Ciudad Colon, Curridabat, Heredia, Limon, Cieneguita, Nicoya)
Salt Lake
Chicago
Dallas
Chicago
Dallas
Stockholm
Dallas
Boise
Salt Lake
Joburg
Dallas

Shows I enjoy:
Arrested Development
The Office
The Daily Show
The Simpsons

What are the first things I thought when I met my wife:
1) I don't have a chance.
2) I guess I've give it a shot.
3) I'm not giving up that easily. I'll give it another shot.
4) Dang. One more shot and that's the end of it.
5) I get it. You don't have to tell me FOUR times.

Places I have been on vacation. I guess I can copy this from Katie's response since we've done most of them together.
Island Park, Idaho - frequently and consistently
Salt Lake City, Utah - frequently and consistently when we've lived away
Rome
Norway
England
France
Germany/Austria/Switzerland
Portugal
Finland/Estonia
Kuaui
Yellowstone/Jackson
Moab/Arches
New York
Chicago
That's probably enough. Next up: Cape Town, Kruger National Park.

Favorite foods:
Sushi
Ice cream (Amy's)
Mexican (Mia's, Cafe Laredo, La Cocina, Red Iguana)
Pizza (Giordano's, The Pie)
Steak (Bob's)
Texadelphia
BBQ (Sammy's, Salt Lick)
Thai (Thai Orchid)
Bread, really good bread
Water, really good cold water (San Pellegrino)
If someone else is buying (Javier's, The Mansion, Mercury Grille, Internationale 27)
(I really like food). Places I most want to try: The French Laundry, Mustard Grille, Vong, Jean George and Charlie Trotter's)

Websites I visit daily
Katie's Blog
cnn.com
espn.com (especially Bill Simmons)
crossfit.com
boardgamegeek.com

Nicknames I've had:
Wishbone
Grandma
Grammy
JG
Daddy (my favorite)

Tag, you're it. Since I don't know who tagged Katie I may screw this up, but I don't see any tags on your blogs:
Dean
JB
Amanda

6 comments:

Katie said...

It's great to see you write again. How fun to miss you this way, I guess. love you, Kt

John said...

I think you're the only one that reads this. Maybe I can just email you. ;)

Tyler said...

Hey how is the land of the springboks ? I bet you have a hard time getting the cross fit work outs done in the hotel gym.

Jenny and Josh said...

Yo! I read your blog too John. Believe it or not you make me laugh. what is dean's blog address??

Dean said...

I did the questionaire. Plus, I started a new blog. I didn't like the name of my last one.

Jessica said...

HA! Just found out you are blogging again, yeah!!

Sorry, I already got tagged, sadly.