Friday, September 14, 2007

A Day of Victories


Today was a good day. Katie and Jessica are in Cape Town having a wonderful weekend away. "Didn't you have to work today?" you ask. As a matter of fact I did. The plus side of living life behind electric fence is that the kids can't get out. Mason, Brynley and Evie were in charge today. And everyone's ok. Huge victory #1.

My consolation was that I got to spoil them. So we went to McDonald's. What the heck. Molly crapped and Porter locked himself in the men's room and freaked himself out, but we made it ok. Victory #2.

After that I went to my client's house to watch rugby. He's a nice guy named Martin and he's British. So he had a bunch of South African friends over to watch South Africa vs. England. The kids behaved themselves very well. Everyone there was amazed by the six kids thing and couldn't stop talking about it. They also used some very colorful language to describe their thoughts on my intelligence relative to my wife, since I'm here with six kids and she's in Cape Town. But the kids were awesome and all were impressed. Huge victory #3.

Finally, South Africa beat England. Nay, they utterly crushed them. And England is the reigning champion. This is suddenly getting quite exciting to be in South Africa for the Rugby World Cup. There basically certainly the top seed from their group and look very, very strong. I'm now a huge Bryan Havana fan. He's a wing for the Springboks and is lightning fast. Very fun team to watch.

I've got the gang tomorrow all day long - the ladies come home late tomorrow night. We'll see if we venture out again or if we just chill and try to stay alive.

2 comments:

Gayle said...

Dear John, You are quite a guy! I am glad you enjoyed these victories and glad you got to show off the grandkids a bit...and that they were cooperating and showing off thier good sides as well. I was surprised that Katie and Jess went to Cape town with out the rest of you...it is one of the places on your list to see...wish I could pop over and tend for you in the near future..I would love it. We miss you all! Love Mom-Gayle

John said...

We'll find a way for the whole family to spend a week in Cape Town, but this was not the time. Katie and Jessica had a great time as our scouts.