Saturday, September 08, 2007

More Animals Today

We went out this morning to a game reserve and got to get very close to some pretty cool animals. This is Mason when he comes home from Scout camp.

As soon as we got into the park, a whole pride of lions came walking up the road and walked right by our car. I literally could have reached out the window and touched them as they came by. Crazy.

We also got to see a pack of wild dogs. They were rather boring until someone gave a couple of them some meat and then the rest started fighting for it. Then a litter of pups came running out. My favorite part was when this group of them ripped the molding off the front of this car.

A bunch of zebras, rhinos, water buffaloes and other something or others.




Porter's impressed.


Jessica and kids got to play with baby tigers.





Then Mason and Jessica got to play with a cheetah.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Not to sound totally self-absorbed (whch it is) but I have been telling people that I am getting fat here - and these pictures are proof.

Of course aparently the cheeta (Eddy) was fat as well, so maybe next to him I don't look so bad? :)

John said...

Did you just use the phrase "does this cheetah make my butt look big"?

Dean said...

Man, your blog makes mine look so boring. I guess that's why I have to dress mine up with half-truths and a plethora of adjectives. Cool pics!