Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Christmas cards poll complete

OK, so my little poll that was hardly statistically significant proved what I feared. We send the most Christmas cards of anyone bored enough to participate in my poll. Thanks J for licking all those envelopes. Thanks Katie for not making me manufacture them by hand this year. What a tradition! And now we get to do it again in a month with change of address cards.

We either need to stop moving, stop making friends when we move, or stop deluding ourselves that people want to get a card from us after we've moved.

There were three people that didn't send a single card. Somehow I suspect that single is a word that could be used for these three in more than one context...

8 comments:

Katie said...

I'm wondering if perhaps we need another poll; the one that says; "do you want to have a card from the Grahams?" Perhaps we are delusional to think we have this many friends :0)

Desi said...

We enjoy getting cards/pics from you guys! We didn't send one your way this year because we didn't have an address... Glad to hear you're coming back to the U.S. soon!

Jessica said...

Thanks to Matt, Mom & Dad too - it was a great bonding moment for us all. :)

Dean said...

I was one that sent zero. That word can be used in more than one context as well. I just hope its not as fitting as the word single.

Gayle said...

I am also one who did not send out cards this year...but only because of all that happened to me since we sent YOUR thanksgiving cards out. I hope to send late New Years or maybe Valentine cards out depending on what happens to me between today and when the Graham caravan heads into the Texas sunset from my house in February...we will see. I like sending Cards! I really really like getting them. And believe me, if you do not send them you do NOT get them!

amanda jane said...

need to change my vote - I have a stack of unassembled holiday cards I was sure would be int hemail before the end of your poll. not so. maybe I am sending valentine cards this year too.

John said...

Dean's comment officially nominated to my award list for best comments this year. Tough to get through the academy releasing so early in the year, but you may have a shot at it.

-E said...

You must send cards. Required. Of course, our card is not very timely this year. But you will get it one way or another.

ERIC