Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Thank Mint, I'm Rich!!!

As an old fart, I'm a little late getting to the online money management game. We've been Quicken users historically, which is just plain silly these days. With the prevalence of the web it is a no-brainer that my money management should be always-on, anywhere and tied into my online banking. I'm tired of entering receipts and categorizing the same transactions over and over. Fortunately there are pretty darn good solutions out there, and they are generally free or very cheap (by the way, the free ones appear better than the cheap ones from what I can see).

Even more fortunately, they appear to be handing out millions of dollars.

I've set up accounts today on Quicken online (sucks) and Mint just to see how they work and decide if I make the switch. My accounts and activity pulled into both of them perfectly. Except for the IRA I have recently set up at Chase. I haven't yet put any money in that - still need to sign some paperwork to transfer an IRA I have. But check out what Mint says I have in that account. Can anyone show me how I make a transfer to Switzerland or the Cayman Islands from this screen?

2 comments:

egm said...

Very curious to hear about your reviews on these systems. We use Quicken too but the pain in the butt factor makes me wish for something easier and faster. Keep me up to date.

Jenny and Josh said...

hahahaha! I think I will open a mint acount!! :)