Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Today's paradox

3 out of 4 economists are Democrats. Still trying to come to grips with this. I'll repost if I figure it out. Someone educate me. My econ education would lead me to believe that economists would be libertarian or lean in that direction. Is it that Republicans say they'll tax less, but actually tax more? Or is it because economists tend to be educated and live on the coasts, which favors Democrats? This is the strongest "endorsement" Obama's had for a while for my vote. Not that this swings it heavily in his direction since the fact that he'll tax the bajeebers out of me still weighs awfully heavily in the other direction.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh how I wish I understood most of what you write, I need to get out more!

desertblue said...

Hmmmm... very interesting. Lots of economists are also university professors and most education professionals tend to be Democrats so perhaps that could contribute?