Tuesday, October 02, 2007

How Can I Get Any Work Done Around Here?

Not only is South Africa in the elimination rounds of the rugby world cup, but they are practically a shoe-in for the final the way things worked out. First they get Fiji (patsy) and then the winner of Argentina/Scotland. Are you kidding me? Sweet! Tangent - did anyone else see that dude with the ridiculous name outrun Brian Habana for the US try? The US could have lost by 100 points and it would have been ok after that. Huge respect points here in the RSA for that run (of course, I believe he's from Zim as are half the people in RSA). I wish they could field a team from the NFL for this. They might not win, but surely you'd see more sick runs like that if LaDainian Tomlinson and Randy Moss were your flyhalf and wing, no?



Not only did the Cubs win the pennant (perhaps it would be more appropriate to say the Brewers lost it), but they are playing Arizona (I thought that was just where the Cubs had spring training - apparently they have their own crappy team). If the Cubs' bats keep blazing this could be a great second season.

But I can't watch the Cubs in South Africa! And the Boks are playing on conference Sunday. Ack!

Fun time for sports around here. If the Jazz would just trade the crier for The Matrix I'd have the trifecta going.

4 comments:

amanda jane said...

so I guess Kirilinko is the Crybaby, but who is the Matrix?

Tyler said...

That try was amazing. I would have never guessed Z could beat Habana in a foot race, but that is exactly what he did. Things look good for SA. NZ has to get by France and then most likely Aus. Assuming they do, you have to believe that will take more of a toll on them than SA's schedule will.
If I were rich I would get a sling box, dvr and cable so you could watch the Cub games on your PC, but I am not sorry.

John said...

The Matrix = Shawn Marion (the Suns).

If Cubs can finish off the 'Backs I may very well have to start investing in some better technology for the NLCS.

We're feeling very good about RSA right now. They ended up in an awfully soft group and get to watch AUS, NZL and FRA slug it out on the other side. They've got to be feeling like your '06 Miami Heat right now.

Wild Bill said...

While the Arizona D-backs are sucking the life out of major league baseball at the moment, they did win the World Series in 2001.