Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Culinary Dreaming

One of my top five dream vacations to take with my sweet wife is to take our bikes and appetites to the Napa Valley for a week of biking by day and dining by night. Neither one of us drinks, but the Valley is so full of restaurants I'd like to enjoy that I don't really care. Vineyards make beautiful scenery for biking.

The top places I'd like to visit are Terra, Mustards Grill and the French Laundry. These are some of my favorite cookbooks. We cook from Mustard's Grill a lot. The French Laundry takes way too much time to cook from - Bryn gave me that one year because she figured they'd have great French toast. The only downside of the Napa Valley is that I'd really like Jean-Georges to be there, but his best restaurants really require a trip to NYC.

That said, he's now given me another reason to want to go to Istanbul (was once Constantinople).

4 comments:

amanda jane said...

I have to admit I believe our culinary horzons have expanded exponentially because you are a member of our extended family. that said I need to get the recipe for that delicious chinese chicken salad - PLEASE.

amanda jane said...

ahh! spelling. curses!

Jessica said...

I actually had the opportunity to go to Napa with friends this May, but since the group of friends ALL drink we passed this one up. That's what Napa is about to those that drink wine right, the wine tasting? This was a very difficult trip to pass up, but I would much rather Matt & I go with you and KT to bike and eat - you up for sharing your romantic weekend as chaperones? ;)

John said...

That salad is from Mustard's Grill!